Neurodegeneration Research and CBD (Cannabidiol)
CBD Oil and Alcoholism
A Fighting Chance: CBD and Alcoholism As you know, CBD is quickly becoming a promising new treatment for a variety of conditions. Now, researchers are investigating whether or not CBD can have an affect on alcoholism as well. But what is alcoholism? In general, alcoholism refers to an addiction to alcohol or the mental illness and compulsive behavior resulting from... Continue
CBD and Gene Expression
CBD and Gene Expression With a wealth of previously unknown health benefits, the phytocannabinoid known as cannabidiol (CBD) holds massive potential as an extraordinarily promising miracle drug that is therapeutically useful for treating a variety of ailments. To date, CBD has been found to possess anti-seizure, antioxidant, neuroprotective, anti-inflammatory, analgesic, anti-tumor, anti-psychotic, and anti-anxiety properties. As research into this powerful... Continue
CBD and Mitochondria: Part One
How This Tag Team Produces Neuroprotective Effects Mitochondria are known as the powerhouses of cells. These small, bean-shaped organelles float freely inside almost every cell in our body, except for red blood cells which contain no mitochondria. The number of mitochondria in an individual cell can vary greatly depending on the tissue type. For example, muscle cells need a lot... Continue
Neurodegeneration Research Continued
- Molecular Targets of Cannabidiol in Neurological Disorders
- CBD: A promising drug for neurodegenerative disorders?
- CBD for neurodegenerative disorders: Important new clinical applications for this phytocannabinoid?
- Transdermal delivery of cannabidiol attenuates binge alcohol-induced neurodegeneration in a rodent model of an alcohol use disorder
- Memory-rescuing effects of cannabidiol in an animal model of cognitive impairment relevant to neurodegenerative disorders
- CBD normalizes caspase 3, synaptophysin, and mitochondrial fission protein DNM1L expression levels in rats with brain iron overload: implications for neuroprotection